An evening in the OPUBCO suite for up to 40 people at an Oklahoma City Redhawks game of the winning bidder's choice is among the items in a silent auction Saturday during the Sunshine Week conference in Oklahoma City.
The money raised will go into FOI Oklahoma's Sunshine Fund. In January, the organization awarded its first $1,000 grant from the fund to help support the costs of an Open Meeting Act lawsuit filed by non-journalists.
Bidders don't have to attend the conference at The Oklahoman, 9000 N. Broadway, which begins at 9 a.m. (Enter from Britton Road.)
Bidding will close at 3:45 p.m. Other items in the auction are:
- A one-night stay, good through Oct. 15, in the Colcord Hotel's Executive King Suite.
- A $40 gift certificate to Earl's Rib Palace in Edmond.
- An original, framed landscape painting by Sue Hale of In Your Eye Studio and Gallery.
- A framed, black-and-white print of Oklahoma City's famed Milk Bottle Building by Greg Burns.
- Arena Legacy: The Heritage of American Rodeo (The Western Legacies Series) by Richard C. Rattenbury.
- CD: "Bob Dylan: The Witmark Demos, 1962-1964" All version of the songs were previously unreleased.
- CD/DVD: "Leonard Cohen: Songs from the Road" Live from the 2008-2009 tour; 12 songs on CD and DVD.
- Baseball in the Cross Timbers: The Story of the Sooner State League, by Peter G. Pierce.
- Jazz CD collection: Charles Mingus (Mingus Ah Um. 2 disc set); Miles David (Sketches of Spain); and Dave Brubeck (Legacy of a Legend, 2 disc set). Each CD was released in 2009 or 2010 and are legacy events.
- Sony tabletop HD Radio with IPOD Docking Stand.
- Two sets of nails or gel manicures at Le Fringe Salon & Spa in downtown Oklahoma City.
Joey Senat, Ph.D.
OSU School of Media & Strategic Communications